November 5, 2022


November 2014: When asked to do a Facebook "black and white photo challenge," Scott responded with this picture with the following story. I always loved his creative humor and this is among my favorite posts from him.

"The death march of the black and white photography day 4. One more day to go.

I wanted to avoid using photos from my personal life, but I thought this shot was interesting and well composed. This is a picture of one of my ex-girlfriends. I know you're all wondering why she's shopping in a supermarket with a deer, but the deeper question is how could a girl like that let me go?

We tragically fell on opposite sides of the great Console War of 1992. She kept sniping me about the superiority of Blast Processing ("the Genesis has more advanced chip design that makes the Super Nintendo look like an Atari!") and how that "Altered Beast was a really fantastic game". I loved her, but our arguments became increasingly bitter until one night after a knock-down drag out fight, both with tears in our eyes, she lashed out with "Sega does what Nintendon't." That was the end. I left and never spoke or saw her again.

Sometimes I think back and wonder what things might have been, what if Sega won the first great console war and that I'd been the one in the wrong, but then I remember she insisted on bringing a stupid deer into a grocery store. Who does that kind of thing? That's a level of crazy that I was lucky to get away from."

Comments